BARTENDERS UNION LOCAL 165 TRAINING PROGRAM JANUARY 2017
UNION ONLINE REGISTRATION
Union Online Pre-Registration (www.herelocal165.org): only for Apprentices working in a Union House (covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement) will take place from January 9 – January 13, 2017. You must have your VG Number (located on Union ID Card) to register. Payment of ($90.00) must be paid in the office by January 13, 2017 or you will lose your spot.
- A materials fee of $90.00 (non-refundable) is due by Friday, January 13, 2016.
NON-UNION ONLINE REGISTRATION
Non-Union Online Pre-Registration (www.herelocal165.org): only for those Apprentices and Bartenders who are working in a Non-Union House (not covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement) will take place from January 17, 2017 – January 20, 2017 upon available space. Payment of ($600.00) must be paid in person at the office by January 20, 2017 or you will lose your spot. Verification of employment must be presented at the time of payment. You must work at least 3 days/week (24 hours/week) in order to be eligible. Verification must include one of the following documents: letter from employer; work schedule; an employee badge; paperwork identifying position as that of a bartender or apprentice bartender (bar back); and a recent pay stub.
- A (non-refundable and non-transferable) fee of $600.00 is due by Friday, January 20, 2017.
- **NOTE: ONLY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS, CASHIER CHECKS, OR MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ALLOWED (CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).**
Classes will begin February 13, 2017 and continue through June, 29, 2017.
- Twenty (20) weeks of classes – (2) classes per week are required.
- Four (4) absences maximum are permitted. Four (4) consecutive absences you will be dropped.
- Trainees are dropped at five (5) absences! No exceptions for any reason!
- Do not register for this Training Program if you have a planned vacation or any other event that might cause you to exceed four (4) absences!
- Two (2) absences in a row will require a meeting with the instructor.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be held at the Culinary Academy on February 7 & 8, 2017.
- ATTENDANCE AT BOTH ORIENTATION AND FIRST DAY OF CLASS IS MANDATORY OR YOU WILL BE DROPPED.
REGISTRATION FEES ARE TO BE PAID AT: BARTENDERS’ UNION LOCAL 165, 4825 WEST NEVSO DRIVE, LAS VEGAS, NV 89103, TELEPHONE (702) 384-7774.
ALL CLASSES WILL BE HELD AT THE CULINARY ACADEMY OF LAS VEGAS, 710 WEST LAKE MEAD BLVD., NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89030.